Dec 27, 2021
I had the absolute pleasure of interviewing Michael Chatman, President & CEO of “The Community Foundation” and today, he joins me to speak about his journey in the world of philanthropy and how he managed to build a small Community Foundation into a thriving organization that works with locally-based organizations to give effective grants.
• How Michael’s career as a public speaker served as his entrée into philanthropy.
• The lessons and experiences Michael learned from grant-making in rural areas of the United States.
• Rebuilding The Community Foundation from scratch to finding its special niche in philanthropy.
• What makes The Community Foundation’s structure and scholarship program unique.
• The biggest challenges Michael has had to overcome and his advice for funders and organizations looking to hone their skills.
Get the full show notes and more information here: