Aug 9, 2021
Funding multiple nonprofits and charities aren’t the only aspect of being a successful philanthropist. It’s important to go out into the field and engage grantees with dignity and respect. Unfortunately, unhealthy power dynamics between donors and grantees exist wherein the latter is viewed as an “other”, but it’s time to change that and work towards creating better connections for a better society.
Lowell Weiss joins me this week to share with us his insights and realizations gathered from his two decades’ worth of experience as a donor consultant. Furthermore, he serves as the President of Cascade Philanthropy Advisors, where they aid donors who are seeking to make a deeper impact and achieve greater purpose and joy in their work.
Tune into this episode to learn how you can evolve as a donor!
• Lowell’s transition from White House speechwriter to donor consultant.
• Some of his favorite experiences working with donors.
• How can donors switch to a curiosity-based mindset and break out of the “Funder Bubble.”
• Creating a healthier dynamic between donors and grantees.
• His advice for donors who want to do better.
Links referenced in this podcast
• If you’re enjoying the podcast and want to check out more of what I have to offer then click here. On my website, you can sign up for my free training, online courses, free resources, as well as my paid resources.
• If you’re looking for a firm that wants to help you make meaningful change, check out Cascade Philanthropy Advisors here.
• Learn more about Lowell Weiss here.
• Read about how funders can set their grantees up for success here.
• Check out the profiles of foundations already doing a great job here.
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?